As a partner in Hahn Loeser’s Litigation, Construction, and Commercial Services and Restructuring Groups, Jeffrey A. Yeager provides clients involved in complex business and civil litigation with creative, practical advice and strategies for managing risk and resolving disputes.
Jeff has extensive experience litigating, arbitrating and mediating cases in the context of complex contract disputes, construction disputes, business torts, real estate transactions, business and asset sales, intellectual property, class actions, defamation, bankruptcy and creditors' rights, secured transactions, and government bidding and procurement. With over two decades of practice, Jeff brings a broad vision to problem-solving and identifying solutions that range from negotiating settlements, taking cases to judgment, or re-negotiating contracts to rebuild relationships.
Jeff is admitted to practice law in the State of Ohio; the United States District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of Ohio, the Eastern District of Wisconsin, and the District of Colorado; and the United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Ninth Circuits.
Jeff maintains an AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest available ranking for legal ability and professional ethics. Jeff has been recognized as a Top Laywer by Columbus CEO Magazine and has been selected among The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, 2021.
- Partner, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2007-present; Associate, 2004-06
- Associate, Squire, Sanders & Dempsey, 1997-2004
- Legal Extern for the Honorable Justice Paul E. Pfeifer, Supreme Court of Ohio, 1996
Jeff was born in Toledo, Ohio, and now resides in the Columbus, Ohio area with his two children, Daniel and Devin. In his free time, Jeff enjoys reading and audiobooks, creative writing and board games.
- Obtaining and collecting on a $6 million arbitration award against a publicly-traded company.
- Obtaining a judgment upholding the award of a statewide government contract on behalf of a successful bidder.
- Obtaining a judgment barring the enforcement of an improper security agreement against a multi-million dollar contract and successfully defending an appeal of that judgment.
- Obtaining and defending on appeal a judgment enforcing the rights of a commercial tenant in a multi-year, multimillion dollar lease.
- Defending the rights of commercial landlords.
- Resolving ownership disputes relating to closely held corporations and limited liability companies.
The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D., with honors, Order of the Coif, 1997
Honors & Activities: Ohio State Law Journal, Associate Editor; CALI Awards in Defamation, Consumer Law, Family Law, Interprofessional Care
Bowling Green State University, B.S., cum laude, 1993
Columbus Chamber of Commerce, Member; Government Affairs Steering Committee, 2013-14; Small Business Council, 2011-14; Small Business Forum & Leader Awards, Speaker Bureau Committee, 2010-12; Awards Committee, 2011
Ohio Art League, Board of Trustees, 2013-15
Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Development Board, 2005-present
AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell
The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, 2021
Top Lawyer, Columbus CEO Magazine, 2016 - present
State of Ohio, 1997
U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of Ohio, 1998 and Northern District of Ohio, 2008
U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 1998 and Ninth Circuit, 2007
Ohio State Bar Association, Advisory Committee on Diversity Initiatives, 2020
Columbus Bar Association, Member; Chair, Federal Court Committee, 2008-10
Ohio State Bar Association, Membership Service Advisory Committee, 2008-09; Future of the Legal Profession Advisory Committee, 2005-08
American Inns of Court, Franklin Inn, 2007-13