As a partner in Hahn Loeser’s Litigation Group, Jeffrey A. Yeager provides clients involved in complex business and civil litigation with creative, practical advice and strategies for managing risk and resolving disputes.
Jeff has extensive experience litigating, arbitrating and mediating cases in the context of business contracts and torts, government bidding and procurement, real estate transactions, business and asset sales, intellectual property, class actions, defamation, and secured transactions. He represents both sellers and buyers in complex contract disputes arising from asset and stock sales, encompassing such issues as earn-out provisions, deferred payments, escrowed funds, and the allocation of liability for environmental remediation. Over the course of over two decades of practice, Jeff has helped business owners and principals navigate a variety of issues arising from ownership disputes, contractual and fiduciary obligations, and tort issues, and has assisted both creditors and debtors in good times and in bad.
Jeff has appeared and argued in numerous Ohio state and federal courts, the Sixth and Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeals, the American Arbitration Association, and other venues.
Jeff maintains an AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest available ranking for legal ability and professional ethics. Columbus CEO Magazine recently recognized Jeff as a Top Lawyer.
- Partner, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2007-present; Associate, 2004-06
- Associate, Squire, Sanders & Dempsey, 1997-2004
- Legal Extern for the Honorable Justice Paul E. Pfeifer, Supreme Court of Ohio, 1996
Jeff was born in Toledo, Ohio, and now resides in the Columbus, Ohio area with his two children, Daniel and Devin. In his free time, Jeff enjoys reading, films, video and board games, art, and graphic novels.
- Obtaining and collecting on a $6 million arbitration award against a publicly-traded company.
- Obtaining a judgment upholding the award of a statewide government contract on behalf of a successful bidder.
- Obtaining a judgment barring the enforcement of an improper security agreement against a multi-million dollar contract and succesfully defending an appeal of that judgment.
- Obtaining and defending on appeal a judgment enforcing the rights of a commercial tenant in a multi-year, multimillion dollar lease.
- Defending the rights of commercial landlords.
- Resolving ownership disputes relating to closely held corporations and limited liability companies.
The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D., with honors, Order of the Coif, 1997
Honors & Activities: Ohio State Law Journal, Associate Editor; CALI Awards in Defamation, Consumer Law, Family Law, Interprofessional Care
Bowling Green State University, B.S., cum laude, 1993
Columbus Chamber of Commerce, Member; Government Affairs Steering Committee, 2013-14; Small Business Council, 2011-14; Small Business Forum & Leader Awards, Speaker Bureau Committee, 2010-12; Awards Committee, 2011
Ohio Art League, Board of Trustees, 2013-15
Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Development Board, 2005-present
AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell
Top Lawyer, Columbus CEO Magazine, 2016
State of Ohio, 1997
U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of Ohio, 1998 and Northern District of Ohio, 2008
U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 1998 and Ninth Circuit, 2007
Columbus Bar Association, Member; Chair, Federal Court Committee, 2008-10
Ohio State Bar Association, Membership Service Advisory Committee, 2008-09; Future of the Legal Profession Advisory Committee, 2005-08
American Inns of Court, Franklin Inn, 2007-13