Daniel A. DeMarco chairs the firm's Commercial Services & Restructuring Practice Group. He represents creditors, both secured and unsecured, creditor's committees, indenture trustees, trustees, receivers and debtors in numerous reorganization proceedings.
Dan represents secured lenders including The CIT Group, U.S. Bancorp Equipment Finance, Inc., Textron Financial Corporation, BMW Financial Services NA LLC, Foothill Group Inc., U.S. Bank, Fifth Third Bank, Crestmark Bank, FineMark Bank, Seacoast National Bank, Community South Bank, AgriBusiness Finance, Inc., Heritage Bank SSB, Beal Bank SSB, Broadway Bank, Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., Dell Financial Services LP, and Navistar Financial Corp. He also represents mortgagees, equipment lessors and accounts receivable factors in connection with numerous workout, composition and extension arrangements and in bankruptcy, receivership and other insolvency proceedings.
Dan also has expertise in lender liability, business torts, bankruptcy, mechanics and materialmen’s liens, collections and commercial litigation. He has substantial experience with large case litigation, including motion practice, discovery and case management.
- Partner, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 1992-present; Associate, 1987-92; Former member, Board of Directors
- Associate, Sheinfeld, Maley & Kay, 1983-87
- Certified in the practice of Business Bankruptcy by the American Board of Certification (sponsored by the American Bankruptcy Institute and the Commercial Law League of America)
- Allegheny Health, Education & Research Foundation (debtor in Chapter 11).
- FirstEnergy Solutions Corp. (Creditors’ Committee).
- AcuSport Corporation (stalking-horse bidder).
- Data Cooling Technologies, LLC (stalking-horse bidder).
- Aceto Corporation (critical vendor)
- Amcast Industrial Corporation (DIP Lender).
- NexPak Corporation (DIP Lender).
- United Producers, Inc. (DIP Lender).
- Continental Airlines, Inc. (debtor in first Chapter 11 Filing).
- Medical Imaging Network, Inc. (secured lender).
- Southwest Hospital and Medical Center (equipment lessor).
- Medical Imaging of Plano, Inc. (equipment lessor).
- Regional Diagnostics, LLC (Creditors’ Committee).
- Coshocton County Memorial Hospital Association (Creditors’ Committee and successor trustee).
- Twin City Hospital (Creditors’ Committee and successor trustee).
- Cooker Restaurant Corporation (secured lender).
- Delphi Corporation (vendors)
- The Robbins Company (vendors).
- Eagle-Picher Corporation (former executive).
- Footstar, Inc. (landlord).
- Stockwell, LLC (landlord)
- Snyder’s Drug Stores (equipment lessor).
- Horizon PCS, Inc. (cell tower licensor).
- National Century Financial Enterprises, Inc. (seller of accounts receivable).TennOhio Transportation Company (secured lender).
- Bush Leasing, Inc. (three (3) equipment lenders/lessors).
- The Gibson-Homans Company (secured lender).
- Business Express, Inc. (secured lender in airline’s Chapter 11 Filing).
- Cold Metal Products, Inc. (secured lender).
- Be-Mac Transport Company (secured lender).
- Intrenet, Inc. (two (2) equipment lessors).
- Phar-Mor, Inc. (secured lender).
- Colfor, Inc./Colmach, Inc. (eight (8) equipment lenders).
- Southern Air Transport, Inc. (purchaser of routes and intellectual property).
- Columbia Park (buyer).
- Comet Clothing Co. (investor).
- Quaker City Castings, Inc. (Creditors’ Committee).
- Ohio Cast Products, Inc. (Creditors’ Committee).
- Action Auto Rental, Inc. (Creditors' Committee and successor trustee).
- Kiebler Recreation LLC (Creditors’ Committee).
- Crofton & Sons, Inc. (Creditors’ Committee and successor trustee).
- Channel Communications of Ohio, Inc. (Creditors' Committee).
- Trans-End Technology, Inc. (Creditors' Committee and successor trustee).
- AmTrust Financial Corporation (Creditors’ Committee).
- Michael Day Enterprises, Inc. (Creditors’ Committee).
- La Senza International, Inc. (Debtor).
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1983
University of Chicago, B.A., concentration in Economics, 1980
Honors & Activities: Member, Phi Beta Kappa
Cleveland Works, Inc., Legal Advisory Board
Charenton Theater, Advisory Board
Cuyahoga County Juvenile Court, Guardian Ad Litem Program, Member
Chambers USA, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, 2005-21
Lawdragon 500 Leading U.S. Bankruptcy and Restructuring Lawyers, 2020
The Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2007-21; Litigation-Bankruptcy, 2011-21; Cleveland Lawyer of the Year, Litigation-Bankruptcy, 2019
Ohio Super Lawyers®, 2004-21; Top 100 Ohio, 2010-11, 2017-20; Top 50 Cleveland, 2013, 2017-20
AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell
State of Ohio, 1987
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio and Southern District of Ohio; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, Sixth Circuit and Third Circuit
Turnaround Management Association Ohio Chapter, Past President.
Global Turnaround Management Association, Member, Board of Trustees.
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section, Member
William J. O’Neil Great Lakes Regions Bankruptcy Institute, Former Co-Chair, 2014
American Bar Association, Litigation and Business Sections, Member
American Bankruptcy Institute, Member and Healthcare Committee, Former Chair
American Board of Certification, Board Member; Standards Committee, Member
National Business Institute, Legal Advisory Board Member