Richard T. (“Ted”) Prasse has represented private and public sector employers in NLRB and SERB matters, labor negotiations, arbitrations, wage and hour issues (including employment class actions), equal employment litigation, employer counseling, OSHA, and Ohio Workers’ Compensation. His work has included representation of schools in constitutional and statutory issues in public, student and employee matters.
- Senior Counsel, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2019-present; Partner, 1990-2018
- Associate, Squire, Sanders & Dempsey, 1981-90
- Long-standing and national representation of largest privately held multi-industry corporation in employment, union relations and litigation matters.
- Nationwide representation of multi-facility meat producer and processor in employment matters.
- Nationwide representation of international apparel manufacturer in labor and employment matters in numerous states, including Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Washington. Cases have included a wide range of issues, including race, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, and disability discrimination, sexual harassment, racial harassment, and workers' compensation retaliation.
- Representation of a national manufacturer in collective bargaining, culminating in strike and plant closing.
- Representation of a national pharmaceutical firm in collective bargaining with improved quality and productivity during multi-year plant closing.
- Representation of manufacturers in collective bargaining to end participation in multi-employer pension and welfare plans.
Case Western Reserve University, School of Law, J.D., 1981
Duke University, B.A., History, 1975
National History Day, Executive Committee, Board of Trustees; Former President, 1997-2000, 2006-09; NHD is 2012 Recipient of National Humanities Medal from President Obama
National Aviation Heritage Alliance, Trustee and President
Ohio Historical Society, Former President and Chair, Board of Trustees, 2008-12
Case Western Reserve University History Associates, Director and President
Cuyahoga County Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Monument Commission, Commissioner and President
Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Library and Museums, Trustee and Treasurer
The Dawes Arboretum, Trustee and Secretary
United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Cleveland, Former President, Board of Directors
Ohio Supreme Court Task Force on the History of Ohio Courts, Appointed by Chief Justice O’Connor
Legislative Commission on Education and Preservation of State History, Appointed by Governor Strickland
Association of Ohio Commodores, Appointed by Governor Kasich
State of Ohio, 1981
The Best Lawyers in America®, Labor Law-Management, Employment Law-Management, 2011-21
AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell