Theodore L. Tripp Jr. has more than four decades of experience handling a wide range of complex civil lawsuits in both state and federal courts. This includes acting as lead trial counsel in significant business disputes, probate, trust and other litigation matters. He has represented businesses, business owners, personal representatives, trustees, municipal and county governments, and landowners in multimillion-dollar litigation at both the trial and appellate level in state and federal courts. In addition, Ted has handled civil disputes for individuals, banking institutions, developers, contractors and governmental entities in the trial and appellate courts.
Ted has been Board Certified by The Florida Bar as a Specialist in Civil Trial Law since 1986, and Board Certified in Business Litigation since 1997. He also earned Certification by the National Board of Trial Advocacy as a Civil Trial Advocate in 1989. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and has been named on multiple years in The Best Lawyers in America® in Business Litigation and Bet the Company Litigation. Ted has been named one of “Florida’s Legal Elite” by Florida Trend magazine, and listed in the most recent editions of Florida Super Lawyers. He has also been named one of America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators® and maintained an AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for legal ability and ethics, for more than 25 years.
- Partner, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2008-present
- Partner, Garvin & Tripp, 1981-2008
- Partner, Simon, Schindler & Tripp, P.A.; Associate, Tobias Simon, P.A. 1976-1981
- Served as lead trial team of litigation attorneys involving a dispute among the developers of Naples Bay Resort. Following a trial in federal court, recovered more than $50 million for client and successfully defended $30 million counterclaim.
- Served as lead counsel in adversary proceedings brought in trust litigation involving Rawson Wood [Case No. 11-CA-1469] with trust assets in excess of $10 million.
- Litigation involving the Estate of Erich Trost [11-CP-1815] involving estate assets in excess of $20 million and the Estate of James Bernet [04-CP-5172], a challenge to a will in the context of an estate valued in excess of $110 million.
Florida State University, J.D., magna cum laude, 1976
Florida State University, B.S., 1972
Girl Scouts of Gulfcoast Florida, Vice President; the Board of Directors, Member
Lee County Legal Aid Society, President; Board of Directors, Member
Day Spring Episcopal Conference Center, President; Board of Directors, Member
Episcopal Diocese of Southwest Florida, President, Standing Committee, Member
Diocesan Review Committee for the Episcopal Diocese of Southwest Florida, President
Chancellor, Episcopal Diocese of Southwest Florida, 2006-present
America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators®, 2019
Who’s Who in American Law
The Best Lawyers in America®, Bet-the-Company Litigation, 2010-19; Commercial Litigation, 2010-19; Litigation-Real Estate, 2011-19; Litigation-Trusts and Estates, 2011-19; Naples Lawyer of the Year, Real Estate Litigation, 2015
Florida Super Lawyers®, 2009-18; Top 100 Florida, 2019
“Florida’s Legal Elite,” Florida Trend
AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell
State of Florida
U.S. Supreme Court; U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits; U.S. District Courts for the Southern District and Middle Districts of Florida
Lee County Bar Association, Member
American Bar Association, Litigation Section, Member
Fellow, American Bar Foundation
The Florida Bar, Sections on Trial Lawyers, Appellate Practice, Member
Fellow, Florida Bar Foundation
Calusa Inn of Court, Master Emeritus