Stanley R. Gorom handles a wide range of complex matters involving real estate, general corporate law, financing and gaming. Stan has experience leading major acquisitions throughout the United States, representing clients establishing operations overseas, representing lenders and borrowers in various finance-related matters, and helping clients in preparation of gaming applications and licensing.
Stan’s general corporate and finance practice focuses on middle market, privately-held companies, with in-depth experience in financing and related loan documentation for both borrowers and lenders. Stan has acted as outside general counsel to corporate entities throughout the country, including entities in the manufacturing and service industries. On an international scale, Stan has represented clients in various investments in entities in the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and throughout Southeast Asia, including establishing private equity funds and negotiating manufacturing and licensing agreements. Stan has acted as Corporate Secretary and General Counsel to the Boards of Directors for LPC Acquisitions, LLC, Columbiana Boiler Company, LLC, and CHT Nuclear, LLC.
In his real estate practice, Stan has represented numerous clients, including a Fortune 100 company, as both tenants and landlords in leasing various commercial and industrial properties and throughout the process of challenging real property taxes. Stan has worked throughout the United States in development projects in Arkansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Virginia.
Stan's practice also includes the gaming industry experience, including managing the acquisition, licensing, ownership structuring, financing and operation of gaming venues. He is also knowledgeable in the preparation of gaming applications and the structuring of ownership interests. Additionally, Stan has served on the board of directors for a publicly-traded gaming corporation.
- Partner, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2002-present; Member, Board of Directors; Partner-in-Charge, Cleveland; Chair, Business Practice Area; Associate 1999-02
- Board of Directors, MTR Gaming Group, Inc., 2008-10
- Acting Business Manager, General Counsel Department and Lead Analyst, Revenue Accounting, The Mead Data Central Corporation, 1986-90
- Intern, IBM Corp., Poughkeepsie, NY, 1986
- Coordinating the purchase and subsequent sale, together with HUD-backed financing, of four nursing home facilities in the Greater Cleveland area.
- Representing a Chicago-area lender in various credit facilities for gas station owners.
- Representing numerous lenders in documenting modifications to credit facilities and subsequent enforcement and foreclosure of various credit facilities.
- Representing a subsidiary of Goldman Sachs in acquiring various real estate-based operations.
- Representing a borrower in a multi-million refinancing of an out-of-state horse racing facility.
- Representing a borrower in the issuance of multi-million county-issued variable rate demand revenue bonds.
- Leading the acquisition and disposition of numerous sites throughout the United States for a Fortune 100 Company, including the sale and leaseback of its former corporate headquarters.
- Assisting in the acquisition of a 3,000-acre manufacturing facility in Arkansas.
- Leading legal due diligence in site identification, acquisition, development and operation for more than 25 sites throughout Louisiana.
- Representing member of the Board of Directors in a $700 million family real estate portfolio.
- Managing acquisition, licensing, ownership structuring, financing and operation of multiple gaming venues in Louisiana.
- Preparing gaming applications and structuring of ownership interests in Colorado, Louisiana, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
- Preparing lobbying efforts in various states related to the creation and/or modification of gaming rules and regulations.
- Interacting with gaming regulators throughout the country to coordinate ongoing licensing reviews and applications.
- Acting as a trustee of various dynasty trusts that hold gaming or gaming-related assets. Currently licensed/ found suitable to own gaming assets in Colorado, Louisiana, Nevada, Virginia and Pennsylvania.
DePaul University College of Law; J.D., 1993
Honors & Activities: Moot Court Society, Member; Benton National Moot Court Competition, Member; DePaul Business Law Journal, Writing Staff; One of three “Best Oralists” in Intramural Moot Court Competition; Scholarship Recipient
Indiana University, B.S., Finance, 1987
Honors & Activities: Golden Key National Honor Society, Member; Scholarship Recipient
Cleveland Restoration Society, Board of Trustees, Prior Member
Catholic Charities Services Corporation, Board of Trustees, Member; Chairman of the Board, 2004-08; Government Relations Committee, Chairman; Finance Committee, Chairman; Board Representative to Catholic Charities Head Start Program; Moderator of the Bishop’s bi-annual Legislative Breakfast
Vocational Guidance Services, Board of Directors, Prior Member
Chicago Title Insurance Company, Advisory Board Member
State of Ohio, 1993
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2012-19
Ohio Super Lawyers®, Business/Corporate Law, 2007, 2010, 2014-16
AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell