Stan serves his colleagues as Hahn Loeser’s Chief Executive Officer and Managing Partner, Partner-in-Charge of the firm’s Cleveland office, and co-chair of its Business Practice Area. Stan handles a wide range of complex matters involving real estate, general corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, financing and gaming. Stan has experience leading major acquisitions throughout the United States, representing clients establishing operations overseas, representing lenders and borrowers in various finance-related matters, and helping clients in preparation of gaming applications, licensing and acquisitions.
Stan’s general corporate and finance practice focuses on middle market, privately-held and not-for-profit companies. Stan has acted as outside general counsel to corporate entities throughout the country, including entities in the manufacturing and service industries. On an international scale, Stan has represented clients in various investments in entities in the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and throughout Southeast Asia, including establishing private equity funds and negotiating manufacturing and licensing agreements. Stan has acted as Corporate Secretary and General Counsel to the Boards of Directors for LPC Acquisitions, LLC, Columbiana Boiler Company, LLC, and CHT Nuclear, LLC.
In his not-for-profit practice, Stan has represented a variety of faith-based organizations in general corporate governance matters, as well as establishing new structures for missions and consolidations of existing missions.
In his real estate practice, Stan has represented numerous clients, including a Fortune 100 company, as both tenants and landlords in leasing various commercial and industrial properties and throughout the process of challenging real property taxes. Stan has worked throughout the United States in development projects in Arkansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Virginia.
Stan's practice includes extensive experience in the gaming industry, including managing the acquisition, licensing, ownership structuring, financing and operation of gaming venues. He is also knowledgeable in the preparation of gaming applications and the structuring of ownership interests within regulatory environments. Additionally, Stan has previously served on the board of directors for a publicly-traded gaming corporation.
- Chief Executive Officer and Managing Partner, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2019-present; Partner, 2002-present; Member, Board of Directors; Chair, Business Practice Area; Associate 1999-2002
- Board of Directors, MTR Gaming Group, Inc., 2008-10
- Acting Business Manager, General Counsel Department and Lead Analyst, Revenue Accounting, The Mead Data Central Corporation, 1986-90
- Intern, IBM Corp., Poughkeepsie, NY, 1986
- Coordinating the purchase and subsequent sale, together with HUD-backed financing, of four nursing home facilities in the Greater Cleveland area.
- Representing a Chicago-area lender in various credit facilities for gas station owners.
- Representing numerous lenders in documenting modifications to credit facilities and subsequent enforcement and foreclosure of various credit facilities.
- Representing a subsidiary of Goldman Sachs in acquiring various real estate-based operations.
- Representing a borrower in a multi-million refinancing of an out-of-state horse racing facility.
- Representing a borrower in the issuance of multi-million county-issued variable rate demand revenue bonds.
- Leading the acquisition and disposition of numerous sites throughout the United States for a Fortune 100 Company, including the sale and leaseback of its former corporate headquarters.
- Assisting in the acquisition of a 3,000-acre manufacturing facility in Arkansas.
- Leading legal due diligence in site identification, acquisition, development and operation for more than 27 sites throughout Louisiana.
- Representing member of the Board of Directors in a $700 million family real estate portfolio.
- Act as general counsel in the operation and management of a nationwide not-for-profit faith-based enterprise, including establishing and structuring new missions and various consolidations.
- Serve as chair of client's investment committee.
- Managing acquisition, licensing, ownership structuring, financing and operation of multiple gaming venues in Louisiana.
- Preparing gaming applications and structuring of ownership interests in Colorado, Louisiana, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
- Interacting with gaming regulators throughout the country to coordinate ongoing licensing reviews and applications.
- Acting as a trustee of various dynasty trusts that hold gaming or gaming-related assets. Currently licensed/ found suitable to own gaming assets in Colorado, Louisiana and Nevada.
DePaul University College of Law; J.D., 1993
Honors & Activities: Moot Court Society, Member; Benton National Moot Court Competition, Member; DePaul Business Law Journal, Writing Staff; One of three “Best Oralists” in Intramural Moot Court Competition; Scholarship Recipient
Indiana University, B.S., Finance, 1987
Honors & Activities: Golden Key National Honor Society, Member
Cleveland Restoration Society, Board of Trustees, Prior Member
Catholic Charities Services Corporation, Board of Trustees, Member; Chairman of the Board, 2004-08; Government Relations Committee, Chairman; Finance Committee, Chairman; Board Representative to Catholic Charities Head Start Program; Moderator of the Bishop’s bi-annual Legislative Breakfast
Vocational Guidance Services, Board of Directors, Prior Member
Chicago Title Insurance Company, Advisory Board Member
State of Ohio, 1993
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2012-20, Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, 2020
Ohio Super Lawyers®, Business/Corporate Law, 2007, 2010, 2014-16
AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell