Honoring the Firm’s Veterans
Many of our attorneys and staff members are actively involved in military service or have transitioned from military careers and have joined Hahn Loeser. By upholding patriotic values in the workplace, these individuals bring immediate value to the Firm and to our clients given their highly developed attributes of leadership, problem-solving, confidence, adaptability, resiliency, and teamwork.
Some of our active military involvements are profiled below.
- Associate John Drdek serves as Lieutenant Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve and deployed with the Special Operations Joint Task Force to Afghanistan in 2012.
- Associate Benjamin Horvath is currently a Captain in the U.S. Army, serving since 2013 on both active duty and in the reserves. Benjamin also serves as a 9th Legal Operations Detachment Judge Advocate and provides part-time legal support to commanders and soldiers.
- Since 2019, associate Bryan Evans has served in the U.S. Army Reserves as a JAG Corps Captain and is currently with the 9th Legal Operations Detachment.
Some of our attorney military veterans are highlighted below.
- Naples Partner-in-Charge Mark Klym served as a Lieutenant in the U.S. Navy from 1995- 1998.
- Senior Counsel Dan Cherry enforced antipollution laws while serving as a Coast Guard officer from 1970-1975.
- Recently retired Hahn Loeser attorney John Mellyn, served in the U.S. Army from 1968-1971. His major assignments included the Republic of Vietnam and Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
Some of our staff member military veterans are listed below.
- Russell Cottrill, Columbus office help desk specialist, served as a U.S. Army Specialist (E-4) for 3 ½ years
- Brennan Flory, Cleveland office help desk specialist
- Meyvis Hawkins, Fort Myers office secretary, served in the U.S. Marine Corps for four years as an E-3 Lance Corporal
- Heide Webster, Chicago office secretary, served as a U.S. Army Medical Specialist for four years
In November 2022, the Firm’s Columbus office hosted “A Night to Express Gratitude,” held at the National Veterans Museum, the only museum in America that honors all veterans from all branches of service, and from all eras of our nation’s proud history of military service, both during peacetime and wartime.