Hahn Loeser approaches fiduciary litigation with the single-minded purpose of achieving results for our clients. Our team uses a multi-disciplinary approach to securing those results, combining the skills of experienced, successful litigators with those of one of the largest and most respected estate planning groups in the field.
Hahn Loeser’s litigators have delivered incredible results, including the largest jury verdict in Arizona in 2006, and one of the largest jury verdicts in Ohio in 2005. Both made the “Top 100 Verdicts” in their respective years, as reported by the National Law Journal. Our litigation experience encompasses a long history of success for companies large and small, spanning a geographic reach around the world.
Our estate planners serve the needs of high net worth individuals and their fiduciaries, routinely advising clients worth $20 million to over $1 billion as well as owners of closely-held businesses with sales of $40 million to over $1 billion. We provide experienced counsel in the development of comprehensive estate plans and trusts, as well as in probate administration, gift tax planning and fiduciary income tax advice and representation.
Together, these attorneys provide our clients with results-oriented expertise covering a wide range of fiduciary litigation issues, including, but not limited to the following:
- Prosecuting claims on behalf of the beneficiaries of trusts and wills
- Defending claims brought against trustees, administrators and executors, including:
- Will contests & constructions
- Trust contests & constructions
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Undue influence claims
- Trustee & Executor removal and replacement
- Estate representation (against claims from creditors)
- Representing Estates in Probate and Tax matters, including:
- Estate and Gift Tax disputes (Federal and State)
- Estate & Trust Administration disputes
- Representing parties in contested guardianships
- Advising clients through both the estate planning and estate administration process in order to avoid litigation among family members.
Our Fiduciary Litigation team has successfully handled cases for a wide range of clients including banks, charities, educational institutions, health care providers, social services organizations and cultural institutions. The professionals at Hahn Loeser know the importance of counseling clients on key aspects of fiduciary litigation to ensure that they avoid unnecessary litigation and future claims.