Hahn Loeser is dedicated to providing quality, creative and cost-effective representation of its community association clients. Our attorneys provide legal counseling to boards of directors, officers and community association managers on the most effective way to operate a community association. In addition, our community association attorneys act as liaisons between the community association clients and the other practice areas of the firm to ensure that all of the legal needs of the community association clients are met.
Our attorneys regularly provide community association clients with the following legal services:
- Legal counseling in the application of statutes and court and administrative decisions impacting the operations of community associations, including fiduciary obligations of the Board of Directors.
- Enforcement of governing documents of community associations – Declaration of Condominium, Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.
- Preparation and negotiation of contracts for the management and operations of community associations.
- Working with other professional consultants of community associations, including community association managers, insurance brokers, engineers and certified public accountants.
- Collection of delinquent assessments for community associations, including foreclosures.
- Representing owners-committees in the pre-transition of control (turnover) of community associations, including coordinating
with engineers and certificated public accounts in connection with pre-turnover inspections and audits.
- Representing owner-controlled community associations on developer issues (post turnover), including, but not limited to, construction defects, warranties and accounting claims.
- Insurance claims litigation.
- Chinese drywall litigation.