Workplace accidents and the legal issues that follow can have a devastating impact on a construction project. Increased costs, ill will from employees and government investigations can all result when an injury occurs. To avoid the damaging effects of a workplace accident, Hahn Loeser’s Construction Team helps clients develop a proactive approach to prevent these accidents before they occur.
The attorneys on Hahn Loeser’s Construction Team have decades of experience helping clients improve workplace safety and guard their rights in the event of an accident. Our team helps clients prepare for inspections, defend against citations and develop best practices that mitigate the risks of workplace accidents and reduce liability.
Hahn Loeser attorneys regularly represent clients before the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), as well as state and local regulatory agencies. Our experience is deep. Nearly 20 years ago, we defended the first Ohio company ever charged by the U.S. Department of Justice for willful criminality following a workplace fatality.
This long track record has allowed us to develop unmatched insight into the regulatory process, an advantage that helps clients more easily untangle red tape and avoid fines and costly litigation.
Our representation includes:
- Reacting to inspections, defending citations, and implementing creative remedies.
OHIO WORKERS COMPENSATION
- Advising on self-insurance and rate issues, developing claims management techniques and defending claims.
- Identifying risks, defending against VSSR claims and coordinating results.
INTENTIONAL TORT LITIGATION
- Investigating claims of injury and occupational disease, working with insurers and defending employers against lawsuits.
- Developing policies, managing policy interplay with employee rights and defending employer actions.
POLICIES AND TRAINING
- Developing safety and work policies and providing safety related training.