Casey McElfresh focuses his practice in the firm’s litigation area. His experience includes fiduciary litigation, including defending clients in ERISA, employment benefits coverage, professional malpractice and property-rights disputes, and representing clients in contract disputes. He has represented clients across a broad spectrum of industries, including the insurance industry, telecommunications industry, mining and natural resources industry, and within the legal profession.
- Partner, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2020-present; Associate 2011-19.
- Associate, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2011-2019
- Summer Law Clerk, Ohio Attorney General’s Office, 2009
- Research Assistant to Professor Stephen Gard, Cleveland State University, 2009
- Intern, Office of Congressman Tim Ryan, 2007
- Consultant, Center for the Study of Elections and Democracy, Brigham Young University, 2006-2007
Cleveland State University Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., 2011
Honors & Activities: Moot Court; Associate Member, 2009-10; Cleveland State Law Review, Editor-in-Chief, 2010-11, Associate, 2009-10; Dean’s Scholarship; Dean’s List; CALI High A Award in ERISA
Kent State University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2008
Honors & Activities: Honors Program Scholar; Washington Program in National Issues; Trustee’s Scholarship
American Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Division, Member
Irish-American Law Society of Cleveland, Member
State of Ohio, 2011
U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2013
Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers®, Business Litigation, 2017-19