Nathan B. Webb focuses his practice intellectual property litigation. He has experience representing clients in a wide variety of intellectual property disputes, including patent, trademark and copyright infringement lawsuits; domain-name and trade-secret litigation; and trademark opposition proceedings in both state and federal courts. He also advises clients on various pre-litigation matters, provides opinions of counsel on product clearance or patent infringement, and manages trademark and patent enforcement efforts. Nathan has extensive experience in intellectual property transactional matters, such as drafting patent and trademark licensing and assignment agreements, company patent procurement and protection polices, and non-competition and confidentiality agreements.
As a registered patent attorney, Nathan also has experience drafting and prosecuting patents in the mechanical, chemical and biological arts. Before becoming a patent attorney, he was a professor managing Washburn Law School's criminal appellate advocacy clinic and an attorney at the Kansas Appellate Defender Office.
- Partner, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2016-present; Of Counsel, 2014-15; Associate, 2013-14
- Partner, Emerson Thomson Bennett, LLC, 2008-13
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Law, Washburn University School of Law, 2004-06
- Assistant Appellate Defender, Kansas Appellate Defender Office, 2000-06
A former college athlete, Nathan's hobbies include basketball, biking and running; he also enjoys gardening, travel and spending time with his young daughters.
- Sinclair-Allison v. Fifth Avenue Physician Services, et al. (Okla. Fed. D. Ct.). Represented plaintiff in pending infringement lawsuit covering patented business methods.
- Lecat's Ventriloscope v. University of New England (Maine Fed. D. Ct.). Served as lead counsel in pending patent infringement lawsuit on behalf of medical device company.
- NuVo Grand, LLC v. Oliver’s Products (Ohio Fed. D. Ct.). Represented plaintiff in false advertising and unfair competition lawsuit.
- The Shamrock Companies v. Prime Business Solution, et al. (Cuyahoga Court Common Pleas, Ohio) (2012). Successfully resisted efforts to obtain temporary restraining order in representation of defendants in unfair competition, tortious interference and trade secret misappropriation lawsuit.
- Vyapar Capital Market Partners v. Valmark Securities (Trademark Trial and Appeal Board). Represented trademark applicant in United States Patent and Trademark Office opposition proceedings.
- Delta Media Group v. Chartwell Realty Group, et al. (Ohio Fed. D. Ct.) (2012). Represented co-defendants in breach of contract and copyright infringement lawsuit.
- Volkswagen AG v. Vee Dub Parts Unlimited (Virginia Fed. D. Ct.) (2012). Served as lead counsel for California defendant in trademark infringement and cyber-squatting lawsuit.
- ABB v. WorkStations Express (Ohio Fed. D. Ct.) (2012). Represented defendant, an Ohio small business, against a multi-national corporation in unfair competition, tortuous interference with business relations and defamation lawsuit.
- Litco International v. Movers Specialty Services (Ohio Fed. D. Ct.) (2011). Served as expert and local counsel in patent and trademark infringement lawsuit involving washing machine transport devices.
- J4 Promotions v. Splash Dogs, LLC (Ohio Fed. D. Ct.) (2011). Served as expert co-counsel in copyright infringement, unfair competition, trade libel and tortious interference lawsuit between competitors in the sport of canine dog-jumping.
- Biltmore Exteriors v. Biltmore Restoration Group (Stark County Court Common Pleas, Ohio) (2011). Represented plaintiff in common law trademark and unfair competition lawsuit.
- O'Donovan & Associates, Inc. v. Hudson Insurance Company (Maryland Fed). D. Ct.) (2011). Represented plaintiff in lawsuit alleging violations of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Renewable Lubricants Inc. v. United Bio Lube (Ohio Fed. D. Ct.) (2010). Served as lead counsel for plaintiff in trademark infringement, unfair competition, cyber-squatting and defamation litigation.
- Heat Surge v. Twin Star International (Ohio Fed. D. Ct.) (2010). Represented defendant in an unfair competition, trade libel and trademark and trade dress infringement lawsuit.
- National Biological Corporation v. The Richmond Light Company (Ohio Fed. D. Ct.) (2010). Represented patent holder in infringement lawsuit which resulted in termination of sales of infringing products.
- Accenture Global Services, Ltd. v. Ascenture Hotel Group (Trademark Trial and Appeal Board) (2010). Represented trademark applicant in United States Patent and Trademark Office trademark opposition proceedings.
- Labnet v. Quintalone & Associates (Colo. Fed. D. Ct.) (2009). Represented federal trademark holder in trademark infringement and cyber-squatting lawsuit.
- Labnet v. Berry & Berry (Colo. Fed. D. Ct.) (2009). Represented client in trademark infringement and cyber-squatting lawsuit.
- Data-Basics v. Field Fusion (Cuyahoga Court Common Pleas, Ohio) (2009). Represented defendants in a trade secret misappropriation lawsuit regarding tablet software applications.
- Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations v. Linglong Tire, Inc. (Trademark Trial and Appeal Board) (2009). Represented trademark applicant in United States Patent and Trademark Office trademark opposition proceedings.
- Labnet v. Brictson & Cohn (Colo. Fed. D. Ct.) (2008). Represented federal trademark holder in trademark infringement and cyber-squatting lawsuit resolved by entry of injunction and transfer of domain names.
- Labnet v. George Henderson Law (Colo. Fed. D. Ct.) (2008); George Henderson Law Corp. v. Labnet (Cal. Fed. D. Ct.) (2009). Represented plaintiff, and declaratory judgment defendant, in federal trademark infringement and cyber-squatting cases.
- Hypertherm, Inc. v. American Torch Tip (New Hamp). Fed. D. Ct.) (2008). Served as co-counsel for defendant in patent infringement lawsuit regarding plasma torch devices and components.
Friends University B.A., History & Political Science 1996
University of Kansas School of Law J.D. 2000
State of Ohio, 2009
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office; U.S. Supreme Court; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit