Charles W. Pugh helps clients navigates through a wide range of complex corporate litigation, including contractual disputes, business torts, consumer class actions, product liability, employment discrimination matters, health care and environmental law. He is fully involved in all aspects of case development and trial preparation, arguing motions, engaging in arbitration and taking and defending depositions in state and federal proceedings. Charlie also has extensive experience drafting briefs, pleadings, discovery requests and legal memoranda.
- Of Counsel, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2016-present; Associate, 2012-16
- Associate, Fox Rothschild LLP, 2010-12
- Associate, Jones Day, 2004-10
- Winning a state court jury trial for a pro bono client in housing matter; delivering the opening statement, examining all witnesses, and preserving trial victory with an oral argument defeating defendant’s post-trial motion for relief.
- Successfully obtaining relief under United Nations Convention against Torture for pro bono Vietnamese citizen in removal proceedings in immigration court.
New York University School of Law, J.D., 2004
Honors & Activities: Moot Court Board of Governors
Kenyon College, B.A., cum laude, 2001
Ohio State Bar Association, Member
State of Ohio
State of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Ohio and Western District of Pennsylvania
Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers®, 2017-18