Charles W. Pugh helps clients navigate through a wide range of complex corporate litigation, including contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, business torts, consumer class actions and employment matters. Representing both individuals and businesses, he is fully involved in all aspects of case development and trial preparation, arguing motions, engaging in arbitration, and taking and defending depositions in state and federal proceedings. Charlie also has extensive experience engaging in expert discovery and drafting briefs, pleadings, discovery requests and legal memoranda. Representing businesses, he has successfully defeated federal lawsuits through motions for summary judgment, sparing clients both the expense and uncertainty of trial.
- Partner, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2019-present; Of Counsel, 2016-18; Associate, 2012-16
- Associate, Fox Rothschild LLP, 2010-12
- Associate, Jones Day, 2004-10
- Winning a state court jury trial for a pro bono client in housing matter; delivering the opening statement, examining all witnesses, and preserving trial victory with an oral argument defeating defendant’s post-trial motion for relief.
- Successfully obtaining relief under United Nations Convention against Torture for pro bono Vietnamese citizen in removal proceedings in immigration court in Cleveland
- Obtained summary judgment for client in federal court in California, defeating claims for fraud, breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, and breach of contract.
- Obtained summary judgment for client in federal court in Pennsylvania, defeating claim under Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO).
New York University School of Law, J.D., 2004
Honors & Activities: Moot Court Board of Governors
Kenyon College, B.A., cum laude, 2001
Honors & Activites: Sports Editor, Kenyon Collegian
Ohio State Bar Association, Member
State of Ohio
State of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Ohio, Southern District of Ohio, Western District of Pennsylvania and United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers®, 2017-19