Aaron J. Schu is a litigation associate with Hahn Loeser’s San Diego, California office. Aaron, an accomplished legal author and editor, focuses his practice on commercial litigation.
Aaron received his juris doctorate from the University of San Diego School of Law, where he served as the managing editor of the San Diego Law Review. During law school, Aaron served as a judicial extern to the Honorable M. James Lorenz, as well as to the Honorable Michael M. Anello, both of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California. Aaron also served as a law clerk at the Civil Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of California. Aaron received his bachelor of arts degree from the University of Southern California, majoring in international relations and minoring in German.
- Associate, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2014-present; Summer Associate, 2013
- Law Clerk, United States Attorney’s Office, Civil Division, Southern District of California, 2013
- Judicial Extern, The Honorable Michael M. Anello, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 2012
- Judicial Extern, The Honorable M. James Lorenz, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 2012
- Publications & Speaking Engagements:
- Author, Justice Traynor’s “Activist” Jurisprudence: Field and Posner Revisited, 9 Cal. Legal Hist. 423 (2014)
University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2014
Honors & Activities: San Diego Law Review, Managing Editor, Volume 51; CALI Award for Excellence in International Sales Transactions, Judicial Lawmaking, and UCC: Sales and Leases of Goods; First Place, American Association for Justice Intramural Mock Trial Tournament, 2011; USD Law Pro Bono Service Recognition; Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society; Research Assistant, Professor Gail Heriot, 2012
University of Southern California, B.A., International Relations, 2010
Honors & Activities: Dean’s List; Head Seminar Assistant, USC Gould School of Law, Office of Continuing Legal Education
William L. Todd, Jr. American Inn of Court, Member
State of California
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California