Hahn Loeser offers uniquely integrated medical device and pharmaceutical capabilities that combine sophisticated patent prosecution, litigation, licensing, and counseling expertise with real world experience, helping our clients navigate the regulatory approval process; NDA and ANDA strategy; clinical trials; data privacy and interfacing with hospitals, medical centers and universities.
Our team works with companies at every phase of their development cycle to help bring scientific and technology advances to life. We work to not only understand the invention, but where it fits in our client’s business strategy and overall competitive landscape. We have assisted clients with a wide variety of medical related technologies, including drug delivery, dialysis and fluid distribution devices, automated diagnostic tools, oncological assays and pathology devices, molecular diagnostic tools and high throughput analytical devices, surgical tools, surgical robots, biopsy needles, minimally invasive surgical devices, surgical robots, RF devices and integrated feedback and control systems, PET scanners, gamma cameras, and rotating transformers, vaccines, x-ray devices, vacuum extraction devices, medical imaging devices, ultrasonic imaging systems, and healthcare IT management tools.
We understand that good value and cost predictability are important parts of any patent strategy, whether it’s drafting a handful of patent applications, managing large national and international patent portfolios, or representing a client at the patent office in a post grant proceeding. We are adept at delivering innovative patent services using billing models geared toward each client’s specific needs.
- Managed IP portfolios for major healthcare systems and multiple medical device companies, including strategic counseling on related freedom to operate, licensing, and regulatory issues.
- Provided IP counseling relating to drug delivery devices for pharmaceutical products, including prosecution of multiple patent applications.
- Developed regulatory strategy on FDA Orange Book listing and exclusivity issues pertaining to pharmaceutical packaging.
- Managed significant cancer immunotherapy patent portfolio.
- Working with our corporate and litigation groups, we also have significant experience advising our clients in related corporate, mergers & acquisitions, due diligence, compliance and tax planning. For example, one of our partners was the startup CEO for CardioInsight, which was sold to Medtronic in 2015.