Jordan D. Rauch is an associate in Hahn Loeser’s Litigation Practice Area. He focuses his practice in the areas of business and complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis in the areas of product liability defense, government procurement and bid protest, healthcare, non-competition agreements, oil and gas, and construction. Jordan has experience in all phases of civil litigation in both state and federal courts.
Jordan is a member of the firm’s Natural Resources and Emergency Services Team. He has handled matters relating to the Clean Air Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, National Ambient Air Quality Standards attainment and the New Source Review program.
- Associate, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2015-present; Summer Associate, 2014
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Justice Sharon Kennedy, The Supreme Court of Ohio, 2014
- Defended manufacturer against design defect product liability claim in a two-week wrongful death jury trial. Plaintiff requested a judgment totaling $8.5 million. The jury returned a complete defense verdict in less than two hours.
- Defended weather resistant barrier manufacturer and distributor against breach of express and implied warranty claims asserted as custom home builder. The builder alleged that it received defective instructions as to how the weather resistant barrier should have been installed during an unsuccessful remediation project. The trial court granted the manuafacturer’s and distributor’s joint motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim.
- Defended manufacturing facility from mass tort actions involving several hundred Plaintiffs seeking in excess of $100 million in property damage. Successfully excluded two of Plaintiffs’ three expert witnesses and limited the scope of Plaintiffs’ remaining expert witness’s opinions. The parties entered a consent judgment acknowledging that a directed verdict would be granted against the first bellweather Plaintiff if the case proceeded to trial. The Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed trial court decisions that culminated in the consent judgment.
Capital University Law School, J.D., summa cum laude, 2015
Honors & Activities: Valedictorian; Order of the Curia; Order of the Barristers; Law Review Executive, Board Member; National Moot Court Competitor, Fall 2014; Mock Trial Competitor, Spring 2014; CALI Excellence Award, Recipient; Volunteer Teaching Assistant, Professor Stan Darling Torts I Class; Research Assistant to Professor Daniel Kobil; Research Assistant to Professor Fenner Stewart
The Ohio State University, B.A., History, 2010
Central Ohio Branch of the International Dyslexia Association, Board of Directors
State of Ohio, 2015
U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, 2017