Christopher R. Mykytiak takes a unique approach to counsel clients in the areas of real estate, financing and general corporate law. He partners with clients to help them achieve their business goals through practical and creative legal advice.
Chris’ real estate experience spans a wide spectrum of transactions. He is often involved in single and multi-site real estate acquisitions and dispositions representing buyers and sellers. He also has extensive experience representing landlords and tenants in connection with office, industrial and retail leasing transactions. Additionally, Chris has significant experience handling the real estate aspects of corporate and private-equity acquisitions and dispositions.
Chris routinely represents borrowers and lenders in a variety of middle-market secured and unsecured financing transactions, including loan originations, workouts and foreclosures. He negotiates and documents loans for commercial, asset-based and real estate lending institutions, including the drafting of commitment letters, notes, mortgages, loan agreements, modification agreements (loan workouts), guarantees, environmental indemnities and agreements with third parties. He provides advice to the firm’s commercial lending clientele and borrowers.
Chris’ experience with general corporate work includes counseling existing business clients with respect to all aspects of operations, growth and development. He also counsels start-ups and new ventures including with respect to initial organization and corporate/organizational governance.
- Associate, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2015-present
- Associate, Jones Day, 2012-15
- Associate, Snell & Wilmer, LLP, 2012
- Associate, Miller, Canfield, Paddock & Stone, P.L.C., 2009-11
Chris is a current resident of North Ridgeville, Ohio, where he loves coming home to his wife, Miranda and their two sons, Graham and McCoy. In addition to his family and Michigan State University athletics (Go Spartans!), Chris is also passionate about the preservation of our Great Lakes, classic American muscle cars and southern style “low ‘n slow” barbecue.
- Represented a client in connection with the sale of a well-known office building in Rocky River, Ohio as part of a 1031 exchange and the subsequent purchase of replacement property in North Naples, Florida.
- Represented the seller of a warehouse in downtown Newport Beach, California.
- Represented the seller of vacant real estate in Lakewood, New Jersey.
- Represented the seller in a uniquely structured sale of tenant-in-common interests in a building and air rights located near Progressive Field in downtown Cleveland, Ohio.
- Represented the buyer of a manufacturing facility in Hiram, Ohio.
- Represented the buyer of a multi-tenanted office building in Strongsville, Ohio.
- Represented a local developer in connection with financing and purchase of a commercial building in Cuyahoga Heights, Ohio and the subsequent lease and build-out of 80% of the space to one of the nation’s largest electronic distributor companies.
University of Michigan Law School. J.D., 2009
Honors & Activities: 2008 Macomb County Bar Foundation Trustee Law Scholarship; Westlaw Student Representative; University of Michigan Lawyer’s Club, Front Desk Clerk
Michigan State University, B.A., International Relations, with honors; B.A., Psychology, with honors, 2006
Honors & Activities: The Tower Guard, President; Sigma Chi Fraternity, Member; advanced Psychology course, Undergraduate Teaching Assistant; Studied Abroad at the Universitè libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium, Summer of 2004; State Senator Michael Switalski, Legislative Assistant
VFW Post 7035, Avon, Ohio, Auxiliary Member
Phriends of Providence House, Executive Committee Member
State of Ohio
State of Michigan
State of Colorado (currently inactive)
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Member; 2017 Real Estate Law Institute Planning Committee
Washtenaw County Bar Association, Member
Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
NAIOP, Developing Leader Member
Alliance for the Great Lakes, Cleveland Chapter, Member