Christopher R. Mykytiak counsels clients in the areas of real estate, finance and general corporate law. His training and background have shaped his preparation, approach and advice so that he is able to provide common sense solutions based upon his previous experience and perspective. He values creating long-lasting relationships with clients and enjoys learning about their business goals and objectives.
Chris’ experience includes working on and closing a variety of transactions within the real estate industry, including office, industrial, retail, multi-family, telecommunications, raw land and hospitality. He regularly counsels tenants and landlords in connection with high-dollar commercial leases in all major markets across the United States. He also represents buyers and sellers in acquisitions and dispositions of single and multi-site real estate. Chris also has significant experience handling the real estate aspects of corporate and private-equity acquisitions and dispositions.
Additionally, Chris represents borrowers and lenders in secured and unsecured financing transactions. He negotiates and documents loans for commercial, asset-based and real estate lending institutions. Chris routinely provides advice to the firm’s commercial lending clientele and borrowers.
In addition, Chris advises and counsels companies with general contract matters, entity selection, strategic asset protection, corporate structuring, operations, employment, and everyday business decisions.
- Partner, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2019-present; Associate, 2015-18
- Associate, Jones Day, 2012-15
- Associate, Snell & Wilmer, LLP, 2012
- Associate, Miller, Canfield, Paddock & Stone, P.L.C., 2009-11
Chris is a current resident of North Ridgeville, Ohio, where he loves coming home to his wife and three children. In addition to his family and collegiate athletics, Chris is also passionate about the preservation of our Great Lakes, classic American muscle cars and southern style “low ‘n slow” barbecue. In his spare time, Chris can be found losing golf balls on courses in the greater-Cleveland metropolitan area, tinkering with his homemade barbecue devices and enjoying the outdoors with his family.
- Represent one of the nation’s largest real estate brokerage companies in connection with office lease negotiations (new leases, subleases and lease amendments) for its office locations nationwide, including in prominent buildings in major markets (e.g., New York City, Chicago, Washington DC, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Dallas, etc.).
- Represent one of the nation’s largest telecommunication tower owners, operators and lessors in connection with cell phone tower lease and easement drafting and negotiations (new agreements and amendments to existing agreements) in the Midwest region.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest private companies for the simultaneous purchase and land swap of real estate with an adjacent property owner in connection the client’s expansion of a key distribution facility.
- Represented a local developer in connection with financing and purchase of a commercial building in Cuyahoga Heights, Ohio and the subsequent lease and build-out of the space to one of the nation’s largest electronic distribution companies.
- Represented seller in connection with the sale of a well-known office building in Rocky River, Ohio as part of a 1031 exchange and the subsequent purchase of replacement properties in North Naples, Florida (seafood restaurant) and vacant land in Rocky River, Ohio (to be developed into a dry cleaners).
- Represented buyer in connection with the purchase of two office buildings in New Hampshire and an office building in Avon, Ohio as replacement properties in connection with a 1031 exchange.
- Represented a local developer with all real estate construction loans (with traditional lenders) and refinancing loans (with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) secured by multi-family housing projects in Ohio, Tennessee and Alabama.
- Represented the seller of a warehouse in downtown Newport Beach, California.
- Represented the seller of vacant real estate in Lakewood, New Jersey.
- Represented the seller in a uniquely structured sale of tenant-in-common interests in a building and air rights located near Progressive Field in downtown Cleveland, Ohio.
- Represented the buyer of a manufacturing facility in Hiram, Ohio.
- Represented the buyer of a multi-tenanted office building in Strongsville, Ohio.
University of Michigan Law School. J.D., 2009
Honors & Activities: 2008 Macomb County Bar Foundation Trustee Law Scholarship, Recipient; Westlaw Student Representative; Lawyer’s Club Front Desk Clerk
Michigan State University, B.A., International Relations, with honors; B.A., Psychology, with honors, 2006
Honors & Activities: The Tower Guard, President; Sigma Chi Fraternity; Undergraduate Teaching Assistant; Studied Abroad at the Universitè libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium, Summer of 2004; Legislative Assistant for State Senator
VFW Post 7035, Avon, Ohio
Alliance for the Great Lakes, Cleveland Chapter
Holy Trinity Catholic Church
Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers, Real Estate, 2020
State of Ohio
State of Michigan
State of Colorado (currently inactive)
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (former Planning Committee member for the 2017 Real Estate Law Institute Conference)
NAIOP, Developing Leader
Greater Cleveland Mortgage Bankers Association
Commercial Finance Association