Amanda Barreto is Of Counsel in Hahn Loeser’s Cleveland office and is a member of the firm’s Litigation practice where she counsels homeowners, community associations, business owners, individuals, and for profit and non-profit corporations in resolving real estate, contract, commercial, corporate governance, insurance, and employment disputes. She is one of nine attorneys certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a Specialist in Residential Real Property – Residential Law.
Beginning her legal career at Legal Aid of Western Ohio, Amanda served low income individuals with consumer protection and housing issues and gained a solid foundation of courtroom experience. In private practice, she has advised condominium and homeowners’ associations on condominium and planned community law and handled complex civil litigation involving business and real estate disputes. From administrative hearings to federal court, Amanda handles smaller municipal court matters with the same zeal and detail as a complex appellate argument.
- Of Counsel, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2021 – present.
- Associate, Schneider Smeltz Spieth Bell, 2019-2021.
- Associate, Wickens Herzer Panza, 2018-2019
- Associate, Ott & Associates, 2012 – 2018.
- Associate, Murray & Murray, 2011-2012
- Associate, Legal Aid of Western Ohio, 2009 – 2011.
- J.D., Northern Kentucky University – Salman P. Chase College of Law, 2009. Honors & Activities: National Trial Team Member, Academic Achievement Award.
- B.S., Miami University, Business Administration, 2005. Honors & Activities: National Trial Team Member.
- Medina County Board of Building Appeals.
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, 2015-2021.
- Kaleidoscope Magazine’s “Cuarenta Cuarenta” Club, 2013.
- State of Ohio, 2009.
- U.S. District Court of Northern District of Ohio, 2011.
- U.S. Tax Court, 2019.
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2019.
- FDCC Ladder Down Leadership, Class of 2021.
- American Bar Association – Litigation Section.
- Ohio State Bar Association – Real Estate Section.
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association.
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association - Leadership Academy Class of 2019, Women in the Law Section (Chair Food for Thought Committee), Real Estate Section (Real Estate Institute Planning Committee), Certified Grievance Committee, Bar Admissions Committee, 3Rs (Rights-Responsibilities-Realities) Volunteer.
- Community Association Institute.