We have an opening for a Senior Manager of Construction Services in either Cleveland or Columbus to serve as a construction and technical advisor with our nationally ranked Construction Law Group. Hahn Loeser’s Construction Law Group represents a wide range of construction-related clients throughout the United States. The work performed by our team involves some of the most complex projects and intricate legal issues in the industry. Our clients include contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, sureties, owners, developers, and design professionals.
We are expanding our specialized Construction Services team of non-lawyer industry professionals who work closely with the firm’s construction lawyers and clients to evaluate critical project controls and requirements. This includes analysis of project schedules and cost impacts, assessment of contract requirements and key project documentation, implementation of enhanced recordkeeping strategies to manage project impacts and claims and avoiding or minimizing the risk of potential claims.
You will join our stellar team of attorneys and non-attorney industry professionals to provide our clients with specialized knowledge in developing, maintaining, and updating detailed construction schedules. This position is an integral component in expanding our services for current and future clients.
- Analyzing, reviewing, and determining impacts to existing critical path schedules
- Evaluating, summarizing, and preparing schedule delay analyses with cost substantiation
- Assessing, categorizing, and assembling comprehensive damages in claims management
- Working collaboratively with the Firm’s attorneys and clients to implement best construction management practices and risk management measures to elevate our client services and outcomes.
Annual salary is commensurate with professional experience. Occasional travel may be required.
- A minimum of 15 years of construction project management experience, including managing contracts and subcontracts, change orders, and the requisite documentation for all project phases from preconstruction, construction, and closeout
- Expertise in estimating, cost analysis, and budget tracking
- Extensive scheduling and schedule management knowledge
- Specific experience with time impact analysis and claims avoidance, management, and resolution
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is required
- Candidates with the following certifications are preferred, but not required: Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Project Management Professional (PMP), or Professional Engineer (PE)
- Strong analytical, writing, and collaborative abilities
- Must be able to write reports and business correspondence and effectively present information to legal, design, and construction professionals
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and provide excellent client service
- Professional and timely communication with attorneys and construction representatives at all levels (project, jobsite, executive, accounting, etc.)
- Proactive approach to preventing problems and resolving emerging issues, and the ability to analyze, manage, and mitigate risks throughout a project’s lifecycle
- Strong communication and presentation skills to occasionally participate in industry presentations with Construction Law attorneys and other construction professionals
- Working knowledge of applicable software, including Primavera, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office
To be considered for the above position, please e-mail your resume to Jodi L. Bosak, Manager of Legal Personnel & Recruiting, at email@example.com.