Cleveland – Junior Corporate Paralegal
We are seeking a junior corporate paralegal with 2-4 years of experience for the Cleveland office to join our growing Business Practice Area. This person will work under the supervision of a senior corporate paralegal and assist attorneys with a wide range of corporate transaction functions. Candidates should have at least two years of corporate, real estate, or related business transactional experience. This is an excellent opportunity to join a collegial environment where the paralegals are treated as equal members of the professional team, provided administrative assistance, and are supported in their professional development and growth.
- Under the supervision of an attorney and senior paralegal, this paralegal will coordinate, organize, prepare, and interpret complex legal documents
- Build and maintain relevant databases and files
- Perform factual research in internal and external databases and libraries
- Assist with legal business transactions and logistics including the formation, organization and dissolution of corporate entities
- Conduct due diligence review of documents and manage data rooms
- Participate in deal-closing activities, including prepare and maintain closing checklists, draft of ancillary closing documents and preparation of signature packages
- Prepare closing binders
- Partner and coordinate with internal resources and outside vendor services
- Establish positive relationships with clients
- Handle additional related projects as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 2 years of Paralegal experience in a law firm
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant corporate experience (general corporate transactions, real estate, mergers and acquisitions, tax, etc.) is strongly preferred
- Paralegal Certificate or Associate Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Knowledge of transactional practice-area-specific procedures and terminology
- Knowledge of timekeeping for billable and non-billable work
We offer our paralegals administrative assistant support as well as continuing education and professional development opportunities. Possible relocation assistance available for the right candidate.
To be considered for the above position, please e-mail your resume to Jodi L. Bosak, Manager of Legal Personnel & Recruiting, at email@example.com.