- Labor & Employment | Litigation | Labor & Employment Class Action | Employment Litigation | Employment Contracts & Employment Policies | Class Action Litigation | Compliance Investigations & Regulatory Investigations | EEOC & State Administrative Compliance | Trade Secrets | Tort Litigation | Labor Relations, Union Avoidance, & Arbitrations | COVID-19 Response Team
Brent Douglas is a seasoned California labor and employment attorney with experience providing both compliance and litigation support to businesses. Brent’s practice focuses on wrongful termination, harassment, and wage-and-hour claims, as well as breach-of-contract, partnership, and general business litigation.
In addition to representing employers against both individual and class-action claims, Brent counsels human resources personnel on terminations, leave-of-absence issues, and wage-and-hour compliance. This advice includes compliance with the ADA, FMLA, CFRA, WARN and mini-WARN, ADEA, Older Worker Benefits Protections Act, Uniform Trade Secret Act, and the EEOC, DLSE, and NLRB enforcement manuals.
Brent’s clients range from Fortune 500 companies with multistate footprints to technology startups hiring their first employee. Brent brings his unique background to forge a personal relationship with each client. The sheer volume of California-based litigation that Brent has handled allows him to make cost-effective recommendations to his clients, often even before a lawsuit is filed.
Brent conducts in-person workplace investigations and trains management on non-discrimination, non-harassment, and anti-bullying policies. Finally, Brent offers multi-state advice on restrictive covenants, non-disclosure / proprietary information agreements, and trade secret misappropriation.
- Partner, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2020 – present
- Partner, Martenson Hasbrouck & Simon, 2018 – 2020
- Senior Associate, Mintz Levin, 2014 – 2018
- Associate, Andrews Lagasse Branch & Bell, 2012 – 2014
- Associate, Stutz Artiano Shinoff & Holtz, 2009 – 2012
Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2009
Named Most Outstanding Student and delivered commencement address;
Recipient of the Distinguished Service Award, the G. Conley Ingram Award
(Outstanding oral advocacy, and the Sydney Parks Award (Leadership and academic excellence);
Vice President, Student Bar Association;
Coordinating Director, Moot Court Society;
(Competitor of the Year – Tulane University Law Invitational)
Washington University in St. Louis, B.A., 2002
Board Member, The New Children’s Museum
Board Member, The San Diego Century Club
Coach, Special Olympics of Southern California
Rising Star, Southern California Super Lawyers®, 2018 – 2020
State of California
San Diego County Bar Association, Member
San Diego County Bar Foundation, Past President