Richard T. (“Ted”) Prasse represents private and public sector employers in NLRB and SERB matters, labor negotiations, arbitrations, wage and hour issues (including employment class actions), equal employment litigation, employer counseling, OSHA and Ohio Workers’ Compensation. Ted also represents schools in constitutional and statutory issues in public, student and employee matters.
- Long-standing and national representation of largest privately held multi-industry corporation in employment, union relations and litigation matters.
- Nationwide representation of multi-facility meat producer and processor in employment matters.
- Nationwide representation of international apparel manufacturer in labor and employment matters in numerous states, including Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Washington. Cases have included a wide range of issues, including race, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, and disability discrimination, sexual harassment, racial harassment, and workers' compensation retaliation.
- Represented a national manufacturer in collective bargaining, culminating in strike and plant closing.
- Represented a national pharmaceutical firm in collective bargaining with improved quality and productivity during multi-year plant closing.
- Represented manufacturers in collective bargaining to end participation in multi-employer pension and welfare plans.
Case Western Reserve University, School of Law, J.D., 1981.
Duke University, B.A., History, 1975.
National History Day: Executive Committee, Board of Trustees; Former President, 1997-2000, 2006-09; NHD is 2012 Recipient of National Humanities Medal from President Obama.
National Aviation Heritage Alliance: Trustee and Secretary.
Ohio Historical Society: Former President and Chair, Board of Trustees, 2008-12.
Case Western Reserve University History Associates: Director and President.
Cuyahoga County Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Monument Commission, President.
Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center: Trustee and Treasurer.
The Dawes Arboretum: Trustee and Secretary.
United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Cleveland: Former President of Board of Directors.
Ohio Supreme Court Task Force on the History of Ohio Courts (Appointed by Chief Justice O’Connor).
Legislative Commission on Education and Preservation of State History (Appointed by Governor Strickland).
Association of Ohio Commodores (Appointed by Governor Kasich).
Admitted to the Ohio Bar, 1981.
The Best Lawyers in America, Labor & Employment Law and Employment Law – Management, 2009-17.
AV® Preeminent Rated, Martindale-Hubbell.