Serving as the Ohio Regional Coordinating Partner, Larry works closely with the firm’s leadership when contributing to the oversight of offices in Cleveland and Columbus. He was managing partner and CEO of Hahn Loeser for more than eight years. He feels privileged to work with 300+ talented people who are committed to client success. He especially enjoys working with the firm’s younger attorneys, guiding them as they begin to navigate their careers.
Larry serves as a key advisor to executive management at NYSE and Fortune 1000 companies, providing counsel for a wide range of situations and issues, including debtors’ and creditors’ rights, reorganization and bankruptcy, as well as for overall business strategy, mergers and acquisitions, and political developments.
Larry has the ability to get to the essential issues of a situation, achieving exceptional results for clients facing financial distress. He advises clients as if he has a personal stake in the matter, allowing him to diagnose the critical paths to meeting client goals and excelling in debtors’ and creditors’ rights, reorganization and bankruptcy. Clients view him not only as their attorney but as their trusted business advisor, and Larry takes great pride in those relationships.
At Hahn Loeser
In his practice as a corporate and business bankruptcy lawyer, Larry regularly represents secured and unsecured creditors, creditors’ committees, debtor companies and individuals and trustees in Chapter 11 bankruptcy, reorganization and insolvency matters. His clients also include financial institutions, vendors and other creditor or debtor interests in connection with numerous workout, composition and extension arrangements and acquirers of financially distressed businesses inside and outside of bankruptcy proceedings.
Larry began practicing law with Hahn Loeser in 1981 and has been ranked by Chambers USA as one of the Top 15 Bankruptcy/Restructuring lawyers in Ohio. His clients praise his “unique ability to see the most important aspects of a case or situation before others” and appreciate that he “truly grasps the economic situation and places business issues at the fore.” His practice is also featured in The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law.
Larry serves as chair of the board of directors of the Cleveland Leadership Center. As an art enthusiast, he proudly serves as a member of the board of trustees and the executive committee of the Museum of Contemporary Art and is a member of the Dean’s Visiting Committee at the Case Western Reserve University School of Law.
A Few Clients
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc.
- A&P Technology, Inc.
- Durrel Corp.
- T&W Forge Inc.
- Transue & Williams Stamping Co. Inc.
- Hugo Boss USA Inc.
- Materion Inc.
- Lincoln Electric
- In re AMR (American Airlines) (Large vendor)
- In re Schwab Industries, Inc. (Debtor)
- In re AmTrust Financial Corporation (Creditors’ Committee)
- In re WCI, Inc. (Chair of Creditors’ Committee & major vendor)
- In re Rouge Steel Inc. (Largest vendor and secured creditor)
- In re Weirton Steel Corporation (Creditors’ Co-Chair & major vendor)
- In re Level Propane, Inc. (Largest Equipment Financer)
- In re LTV Steel Company, Inc. (LTV II) (Chair of Creditors’ Committee)
- In re Phar-Mor Stores, Inc. (Special Counsel Reorganized Debtor)
- In re Barneys New York (Counsel to Committee Member)
- In re The LTV Corporation and LTV Steel Company, Inc. (LTV I) (Indenture Trustee)
- Metalworks Worldwide, Inc. (Judicial Dissolution)
- A. LoPresti & Sons, Inc. (Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors)
- In re Federated Stores, Inc. (Creditors’ Committee)
- In re White Motor Corporation (Creditors’ Committee and Disposition Assets Trustee)
New York University School of Law, J.D., 1981
Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, B.S. (Economics), cum laude, 1978
Business Law Section, American Bar Association: Committees on Commercial Financial Services and Business Bankruptcy
Ohio State Bar Association: Banking, Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Committee
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association: Member
American Bankruptcy Institute: Member
Cleveland Leadership Center: Chair of the Board of Directors, 2015-present; Board of Trustees, 2009-present; Executive Committee
Museum of Contemporary Art: Board of Trustees, 2003-present; Executive Committee
Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 2013-present; Dean’s Visiting Committee
Admitted to Ohio Bar, 1981
Licensed to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court; U.S. Courts of Appeal for the Sixth and Seventh Circuits; U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Bankruptcy, “Eminent Practitioner,” current edition
The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law, current edition
Ohio Super Lawyers, current edition
AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell