As a commercial litigator, Sean provides creative and focused legal advice to entities of various size facing commercial disputes. This includes representing companies prior to litigation and in front of state courts, federal courts, and arbitrators in complex commercial cases, class actions, healthcare litigation, and general litigation matters.
At Hahn Loeser
Sean has represented clients in industries as diverse as mining, healthcare and health insurance, title insurance and escrow, hospitality, and mortgage lending. Sean’s representative litigation matters include breach of contract claims, franchise disputes involving termination and trademark infringement, lender liability claims, healthcare litigation, statutory consumer protection act violations, business torts and fraud claims, and class actions defense.
Sean is listed in the 2014-2017 lists of Ohio "Rising Stars" by Ohio Super Lawyers.
- Cliffs Sales Co. v. Am. Steamship Co., U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio Nos. 1:07 CV 485, 1:07 CV 01466 (2008) (member of trial team awarded $3.7 million jury verdict on commercial breach of contract claim).
- Davis v. CRS Enterprises Michigan, Inc., Franklin County Common Pleas, No. 09-CV-006555 (2009) (obtained dismissal of all claims against mortgage lender, including fraud, breach of contract, and RESPA, TILA, and Ohio Consumer Protection Act violations)
- Maxus Capital v. TIMCO, Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas, Ohio No. CV-11-750485, and Guilford County Superior Court, North Carolina No. 11 CVS 4152 (2011) (second chair of team that obtained commercial replevin of jet engine refurbishing equipment, while defending companion case in North Carolina)
- Bushbeck v. Chicago Title Ins. Co.,S. District Court for the Western District of Washington No. C08-755-JLR (2011 and 2012) (defeated two class certification motions in a nationwide RESPA and consumer fraud class action)
- Chultem v. Ticor Title Ins. Co. and Colella v. Chicago Title Ins. Co., Cook County, Illinois (2013) (member of trial team that obtained complete defense verdict in bench trial of two consolidated statewide class actions alleging RESPA, Illinois Title Insurance Act, and Illinois Consumer Fraud Act violations and seeking $250 million, plus trebling)
- IPI II LLC v. The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas No. CV-12-786463 (2013) and Eight District Court of Appeals Nos. CA-13-099988 and CA-13-099898 (2014) (second chair of team that defeated commercial replevin, obtained summary judgment and obtained affirmance on appeal)
- Various arbitrations involving prosecuting and defending commercial breach of contract claims and healthcare contract claims.
Bowling Green State University B.A., History and Asian Studies 2003
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law J.D. 2007
American Bar Association, member
Hispanic National Bar Association, member
Ohio State Bar Association, member
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, member
State of Ohio
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit