A decorated veteran and former U.S. Army officer, A.J. Hensel will relentlessly fight for what is right. From the battlefield in Iraq to the courtroom, A.J. continues to selflessly serve others in need, and his core values remain unchanged: duty, integrity, and personal courage.
A leader and dedicated advocate, A.J.’s clients trust and retain him as their lawyer because they need a problem-solver who cares and knows how to utilize and leverage all available assets to achieve their goals and objectives in a cost-effective manner.
A.J. focuses his high standards on the areas of commercial litigation and business law, OSHA litigation, and trade secret protection/litigation. He represents and provides counsel to individuals and small businesses in all aspects of civil litigation, risk mitigation and policy initiatives. A.J. has extensive experience handling complex matters for plaintiffs and defendants in both state and federal courts.
A.J., a 2001 graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point, prides himself on the basic tenets of service, including:
- Adherence to the highest standards of legal ethics and professional responsibility;
- Transparent and timely communication; and
- Dedicated client advocacy.
A.J. served for five years as an officer in the U.S. Army. He achieved the rank of Captain and was recognized for his exemplary leadership in combat during Operation Iraqi Freedom II, including the Bronze Star and Meritorious Service Medal.
- Partner, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2018 - present
- Associate, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2014 to 2017.
- Associate, Isaac, Wiles, Burkholder & Teetor, LLC, 2013-14.
- Associate, Isaac, Brant, Ledman & Teetor LLP, 2009-13; Law Clerk, 2008-09.
A.J. resides in Dublin, Ohio with his wife Shayla and their four children: Cooper, Evie, Beckett, and Griffin.
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2009.
- Honors & Activities: Senior Editor, I/S: A Journal of Law and Policy for the Information Society; Externship for Honorable Jeffrey S. Sutton, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit (Fall 2008); CALI Award Winner – Top Student in Criminal Defense Practicum.
The United States Military Academy, B.S., 2001.
- Honors & Activities: Selected to Command/Lead a Company of over 120 Cadets; Gold Wreath Recipient; Varsity Member, Division 1A Army Football Team.
West Point Alumni Society of Central Ohio: Member; Executive Board Officer.
Liberty Presbyterian Church (Powell, Ohio): Member.
Nationwide Children’s Hopsital Development Board: Member / Rock n’ Bowl Committee.
Mentoring and More @ Moritz College of Law: Mentor.
Upward Basketball, Dublin Youth Soccer League, Football Fanatics Flag Football: Coach.
Selected “Ohio Rising Star,” Ohio Super Lawyers, 2013-18, reserved for those lawyers that exhibit excellence in practice.
Admitted to the Ohio Bar, 2009.
Licensed to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, and the Ohio Supreme Court.
Senator Rob Portman’s U.S. Military Service Academy Nominations Review Board: Member.
Federal Bar Association (Columbus): Member, Board of Directors.
Ohio State Bar Association: Member, Military and Veterans’ Affairs Committee.
Columbus Bar Association: Member.